Like you, I love life’s simple pleasures.
In this fast paced world that we live in, they offer us simple ways to relax, experience more joy and to reconnect to our true-selves.
Today, I want to share with you 15 simple pleasures that I like to indulge in. I hope you’ll find them beneficial to you, too! I’ve included some helpful links.
- Spend quality time with nature. Go for a walk, put your feet on the grass or watch a sunset.
- Get your hands dirty. Take care of your plants at home, on your balcony or in your garden. Show them some love!
- Unplug from technology. Leave your phone at home and go visit a new place ( e.g. cafe, bookstore, music shop, museum).
- Move your body. Emotion is created by motion. Want to feel more energized and happy? Get your sweet butt to a gym, dancing class or get sweat exercising at home (no need to overcomplicate).
- Meet with a dear friend or help someone in need. Spending quality time with people you love, positively impacts your mood and deepens important human connections in your life.
- Prepare yourself a nutrient meal. Cook at home. Eat slowly appreciating every single bite of your healthy food.
- Establish a spiritual practice. Start meditating and practicing yoga, they will change your life for the better, I promise you.
- Express gratitude. Write a thank you note to someone or journal on what you’re grateful for.Why not doing both?
- Treat your body with love and care. Give yourself a warm bubble bath or a shower with your favourite body care products.
- Breath. Live in a moment by practicing deep breathing. Inhale and exhale love and appreciation.
- Listen to music that you love. Immerse in that playful experience.
- Colour something fun. Get a colouring book, a piece of paper or a canvas. Express yourself through colours.
- Diffuse essential oils. They can help you boost your energy levels (orange), help digestion (rosemary), improve quality of your sleep (lavender) and your brain function (geranium).
- Read a book for pleasure. Visit your nearest library or a bookstore and buy a book that grabs your curiosity.
- Declutter your closet. Get rid of all the things which don’t bring you joy. You can follow a fantastic system of organising by Marie Kondo. Enjoy your free space.
Now, I’d love to hear from you. Which of these 15 simple pleasure are you going to try first today?
Let me know in the comments below!
With summer love and appreciation,